Thursday, December 23, 2010

...And then I came back

So I'm here, doing that whole "Iceland" thing again. I realize I never truly followed up on my Reykjavík post, but I'm sure most of you (Hi, Mom!) have heard me blather on about the entire trip at this point so let's pretend that lapse in blogging never happened!

Evan and I got into Reykjavík Sunday morning, and by Sunday afternoon we were off with Þórður and Caitlin to þórður's summer house. I'm not entirely sure where it was, but you could see the volcano Hekla from the hot pot...so I have supplied you with a very scientific map to give you an idea of where we were:



So, yes, we were a little bit north of that lil green bull romping through the water and a smidge west of what can only be described as an inescapable fiery doom.

We spent most of the night sitting in the hot pot and desperately searching for the Northern Lights (sadly they did not make an appearance). Our hair froze in the cold wind, and the icy steps to the tub made for a treacherous adventure, but it was absolutely worth it in every way.









No comments:

Post a Comment