Monday, June 20, 2011

Oh Crap, Blog! (Pt. 1)

I'm so behind on updates and photographs that I'm going to skip my usual [charming and clever] explanation/apology and just put up a buttload of photos...

My family came with me for the first week and a half that I was in Iceland, before the SIT program started, so we enjoyed a delightful family vacation starting north in Akureyri, followed by a slow meandering path back down to Reykjavík. They got to meet my host family from last year, explore Mývatn, saunter through some turf houses, skip across Snæafellsnes, and play in Reykjavík. I've smushed together a collection of the whole family's photographs from the trip. I wish I could offer more explanation for some of the photos, but I just wanna get them up here so I can maintain a somewhat legitimate blogging existence (ha!) for the rest of the trip.

A cold Akureyri

Making plans with the host family

A windy view of Akureyri

Papa Brenner in a turfhouse at Laufás

Laufás


Nathan bein like "what up, art?!"




Cliffs north of Husavík

Holy mackerel, green stuff!

Ásbyrgi, a horseshoe shaped canyon



Cuteness

Iceland.

Krafla, a collapsed volcano
(Snow makes a lovely entrance)

No comments:

Post a Comment